Airport Card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Hi ya :)

I got an Airport card for my Mac Pro and can't find any information on fitting it. I know its as easy as plugging stuff in, but there is three antennas going in the order of 1 3 and 2 with 1 being the longest. 2 isn't labelled but stuck to the rest and 1 and 3 are. There is also a bluetooth one so its not one of those 3.

Anyone know which are the right ones?

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With all possible cominations, I cannot get more than half the bars in internet connect, while my macbook gets full... even with router touching the Mac Pro... seems to connect full then drop...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=791753&tstart=0

"Issue (1) is Internet connection via AirPort: instead of a maximum of 15 bars in the Internet connection window you just get five or six, even with a computer next to a WLAN base station, be it an AirPort Extreme base station or another brand."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
The link with instructions no longer works. Can someone tell me how to add my airport extreme card I bought to my mac pro?

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Put it in the slot, screw it in then plug in antennas marked 2 and 3 is what I was told

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Put it in the slot, screw it in then plug in antennas marked 2 and 3 is what I was told

Maybe I bought the wrong one, I see no slot that fits my airport extreme card. Is there a separate one for laptop and desktop? It is not a PCI card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.