iPhone...

Reaction score
i just spoke to a tmobile rep, and he said that if i get the phone unlocked, i can use it with tmobile ... u guys think itll work?

Reaction score
if i get one, and unlock it, do you think it will have all the features that it would have on cingular?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
OMG this phone is incredible!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
do they plan to have iphone models for verizon ? or are they going to?

Reaction score
well t mobile told me that it would be 200 to cancel my plan early.. i love tmobile and never had any problems with them what so ever, but i want this apple phone lol...i would get it and unlock it, but then i i wouldnt be able to get insurance on it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I HATE CINGULAR!!!!!! They get everything thats new and cool...:eek:neye:. Verizon only gets the crappy LG stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
do they plan to have iphone models for verizon ? or are they going to?
They have an exclusive contract with Cingular for the first 2 years so there is no possibility of the phone on any networks until June of 2009

Reaction score
I HATE CINGULAR!!!!!! They get everything thats new and cool...:eek:neye:. Verizon only gets the crappy LG stuff

lol i agree with the LG part.. thats all that verizon gets.. there coolest phone is the chocolate.. and i heard they break alot. lmao!

Reaction score
I don't think there has ever been a cell phone that I just HAD to have...until now. 6 Months to wait...uhg....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
They have an exclusive contract with Cingular for the first 2 years so there is no possibility of the phone on any networks until June of 2009

That sucks. I just switched from cingular and the SOBs are trying to charge me an early termination fee and the final month's service charge because I changed service (the company I work for is now paying my cell phone bill) 5 days before the contract was up. I'm never going back to those jerks, so it looks like it'll be a couple of years before I get one. If then. :bandage:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm sure there will be a zillion questions, so here is zillion +1 Is there any mention of PDA type apps? I currently use a Treo 650 but would give it to my wife if this phone also is a PDA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
is it just me or was this a BAD BAD move on apples part? the iphone only working with cingular for atleast the first two years. to only support one provider in my opinion is dumb.

Reaction score
is it just me or was this a BAD BAD move on apples part? the iphone only working with cingular for atleast the first two years. to only support one provider in my opinion is dumb.

agreed.. they should just sell it outright from the apple store and let the buyers put their sim card in it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Cingular probably paid apple a lot of money for the exclusive rights to it, and they wouldn't demand to cripple the phone like verizon would. Sales will still be very high for a first generation specialty product, and apple will be doing very well with the money from cingular.

Reaction score

I guess that's just how it's done in the cell phone world. Most phones are with only 1 provider for a year or 2. And even then (I'm thinking of the motorola v60 series and razr), when they are with multiple carriers, some carrier's versions are better than the other. I think Verizon had the razr 1st, but when cingular got it, verizon got an updated version with more bells&whistles than cingular's version. they may be even now...I'm talking a few years ago.

It's been my experience that they are all pretty much equal...you trade one problem for another. Who's signal is better just depends on where you are.

Now, with iPhone...that is one sleek interface. I'm really impressed with Apple. They know how to design a GUI. Not sure I like their new name - Apple, Inc. Now its too much like the record label. All their products are still computers or computer software/peripherals, even the phone. It's a specialized computer, but it's still a computer.

Reaction score
I guess that's just how it's done in the cell phone world. Most phones are with only 1 provider for a year or 2. And even then (I'm thinking of the motorola v60 series and razr), when they are with multiple carriers, some carrier's versions are better than the other. I think Verizon had the razr 1st, but when cingular got it, verizon got an updated version with more bells&whistles than cingular's version. they may be even now...I'm talking a few years ago.

It's been my experience that they are all pretty much equal...you trade one problem for another. Who's signal is better just depends on where you are.

Now, with iPhone...that is one sleek interface. I'm really impressed with Apple. They know how to design a GUI. Not sure I like their new name - Apple, Inc. Now its too much like the record label. All their products are still computers or computer software/peripherals, even the phone. It's a specialized computer, but it's still a computer.

Cingular had the razr first .. i remember that.. but i am also impressed with the phone.. and its not like they made other phones before.. this is their first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
This thing is really cool, can't wait to watch the keynote. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.