Stop errors during windows install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
So, here is the scenario:
Mac Pro Dual 2.66, 2 GB RAM, 4 Drives: 160 boot/OS/Program Drive, 2 250's and one 500. I'm trying to use one of the 250's to install Windows with Boot camp. I have all the firmware and software updates and have partitioned and formatted the drive in both FAT32 and NTFS and when Windows begins setup it hangs with "34 minutes remaining" and gives me a blue screen with stop errors as follows: stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005,0x00020000,0xF78FA8A4,0xF78FA5A0)

It says it does a physical dump of the memory and then sits there until I restart. I have tried about all the different permutations of setup I can and it always hangs in the same place. I am installing XP Pro FYI, not that it makes a difference (I don't think).

The only thought that just came to me is the fact that Boot Camp Assistant is running on my Mac boot drive and I'm attempting to install to a secondary drive. Would this cause the problem? or am I overlooking something?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Howie J

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Is it XP pro SP2?

I am not sure about the two drive things and I have only ran boot camp on a MBP.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
Yes it's SP2. It's a retail version I bought just 4 days ago.

Howie J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.