Terminal Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.7 GHz OSX 10.4.8
Hello,
I have been having some issues with Compressor, and found a page that seems to be pretty helpful, but requires some fiddling in the Terminal. I've never used Terminal, but decided to give it a try and now it seems my Terminal isn't working well either. When I launch Terminal, all that shows up is the red dot that closes windows. I've included a screenshot so you can see what I mean. The screenshot shows 6 Terminal shell windows as they are created with Apple-N. I have no idea how to make them into something I can use. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. Thank you!
-Jim

Picture 1.png

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like the windows are very small. Can you grab the bottom right corner (click and drag), to make them bigger?

Reaction score
Have you disabled the font Monaco? This is a known Terminal problem.
Re-enable Monaco.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.7 GHz OSX 10.4.8
Monaco, eh?

That did it. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Who would ever have thought that disabling a font either indirectly or directly, could interfere with Terminal ... well done cradom!

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't have to use Monaco, but you cant disable it. Really screws things up.
Way to go Apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.