12" Powerbook Help!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hoping I will find some help. I have the .867 mhz 12" powerbook. Up until this morning, everything was perfect - ran like a new machine. I'm up-to-date on all software including OSX and have maxed out memory. I restarted the machine this morning and since them it has been acting very strange. Takes forever to boot and load OSX. I have a folder on my desktop labeled "desktop" but there is no folder icon, just the text. If I open up the finder, same thing, only some apps have icons most do not.

If I try to open an app I get the "pinwheel" of death that goes on forever. Even my .mac account won't open - I get an error message saying that the home folder is full.

Once Safari opens, I also get the randown "pinwheel" during internet browsing.

I've tried restarting numerous times to no avail.

Hope someone can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
well i don't know how to help you but you posted this topic in the wrong section :p repost it in the Powerbook Macbook Pro section and hopefully you will get some good responses :p this is for Power Mac's and Mac Pro's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.