apple colour

Reaction score
hello i have been watching 24 and they use a macbook with a different colour apple logo on the laptop lid , is there any way to change the colour of the apple logo:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
Yes there is a way to change the color, but it involves taking out the screen and inserting a plastic film between the screen and the apple logo. It is not a hard process, and you shouldn't mess anything up as long as you are careful. Here is how I did mine:

First you need to order a color or design from www.icolours.ca.

You need to remove the plastic bezel around the screen, the part that says "Macbook" on it. It pops off with a small flathead screwdriver. Next you have to remove all the screws around the outside of the screen, and fold it down onto the keyboard. You will see a white plastic film over where the apple logo is. You will need to cut this out and remove it. I used a small exacto knife to cut around the outside of the apple logo. You will then notice that there is still a film over the apple, underneath the plastic you just removed. It is up to you whether or not to remove this, but if you don't the design or color you are using will not show up very well, and may look dim or the color may not show up right. It isn't very easy to remove this since it doesn't peel off. You will need to use a dull non-serrated knife to scrape it away, making sure every last bit of it is gone. If successful there will be no scratches or marks left afterwards. Just be careful and don't press too hard. When all of this is finished you can either tape the color on over the brown cardboard like material surrounding the apple, or you can peel up the cardboard and stick the color underneath it. This is what I did since it places the color closer to the apple and it looks much better. When all of this is finished, just put the screen back in, pop the bezel back into place, and you are done.

Here is a picture of mine:

Photo330.jpg

And Closed:

Photo329.jpg

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i mean this proablly won't work as well but why don't they just make a thing the exact size of the apple logo like a sticker you jsut place over? i mean it wouldn't be the same but its a simple alternative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, well you could buy some kind of adhesive plastic I guess.. and place it over the apple, then cut around the edge and then peel off the excess, but it might come off, wouldn't look as good. The way I have it done it looks like it came from the factory that way. It's not really difficult to take everything apart.. but I understand if some people wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's been discussed before.. and I'm not sure what the conclusion was on that. Personally I'm not sure. Although it probably will void the warranty since you aren't supposed to open your mac anywhere except designated points, such as battery, HDD, RAM, etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes there is a way to change the color, but it involves taking out the screen and inserting a plastic film between the screen and the apple logo. It is not a hard process, and you shouldn't mess anything up as long as you are careful. Here is how I did mine:

First you need to order a color or design from www.icolours.ca.

You need to remove the plastic bezel around the screen, the part that says "Macbook" on it. It pops off with a small flathead screwdriver. Next you have to remove all the screws around the outside of the screen, and fold it down onto the keyboard. You will see a white plastic film over where the apple logo is. You will need to cut this out and remove it. I used a small exacto knife to cut around the outside of the apple logo. You will then notice that there is still a film over the apple, underneath the plastic you just removed. It is up to you whether or not to remove this, but if you don't the design or color you are using will not show up very well, and may look dim or the color may not show up right. It isn't very easy to remove this since it doesn't peel off. You will need to use a dull non-serrated knife to scrape it away, making sure every last bit of it is gone. If successful there will be no scratches or marks left afterwards. Just be careful and don't press too hard. When all of this is finished you can either tape the color on over the brown cardboard like material surrounding the apple, or you can peel up the cardboard and stick the color underneath it. This is what I did since it places the color closer to the apple and it looks much better. When all of this is finished, just put the screen back in, pop the bezel back into place, and you are done.

Here is a picture of mine:

Photo330.jpg

And Closed:

Photo329.jpg

Good luck!

looks good but i just dared install windows on my mac poor thing , it is now all better now i have taken the devil of it , so opening up my macbook is not a option , my old acer came apart in my hands so was a lot eaiser cheers anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.