A few simple questions

M

martyn

I'm using iTunes 4.2 on a PC, and on the whole it is very intuitive. However, I have a few simpe questions for someone with more experience:

[1] How do I delete some of the entries in the Genre dropdown? (I've added several new ones as a way of helping organise the tracks on the iPod, and now have too many in the dropdown list).

[2] I assume that the "Volume Adjustment" in iTunes does not affect the file on the PC, only applifies the track when copied to the iPod... is this correct?

[3] Is there any way of accessing the track "Comments" on the iPod?

[4] Sometimes when the CD "Gets the CD Track Names" the entries are in the wrong fields... e.g. Artist in the Composer field. Is there any way you can copy a vector of information from one area to another? Even if this has to be done via Excel...

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. I don't see anyway to erase Genres
2. It applies it to the PC and the iPod once that file is either resynced or added to the iPod
3. Nope
4. Easiest thing to do is highlight all of the tracks of the CD and right click.....Get Info and now when you edit it will apply it to all of the tracks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.