iMac Graphics better than PC?

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know is it true that the latest iMac Graphics display much better than PC? (Any white papers to support this?)

For iMac 20", is it true that we can only use the following display cards ?
- ATI Radeon X1600/128MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Well, that is a pretty subjective question. It depends on what video card you get in the iMac and what video card you get in your PC. You can probably find a better video card for a PC than an iMac. I don't know if that really answers your question though...

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, that is a pretty subjective question. It depends on what video card you get in the iMac and what video card you get in your PC. You can probably find a better video card for a PC than an iMac. I don't know if that really answers your question though...

Do you mean that iMac can get any other type of display other than the 2 cards mentioned above?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I don't think they can, but there are infinitely many options for cards to put in your PC.

That's why I don't really get your question. There are two options for video cards to put in an iMac. There are hundreds of options for cards to put in a PC. And in a PC you could gang two of them up to have a total of 1024 Mb of video memory. That being said, you can get better graphics out of a PC than an iMac.

Reaction score
There are a variety of different video cards on the market. Some but not all are compatible with some (but not all) Macs. The base X1600 that comes with the iMac is a very good but not top-performing video card. There are certainly much better cards out there. For example, if you look at the Mac Pro, it is available with a wide range of top-end graphics cards ... for a price.

If you want flexibility and a stronger upgrade path, the Mac Pro is a much better option for you. But there is very little you will be unable to do with the X1600 in an iMac. I have an X1600 in my MacBook Pro and it runs games flawlessly.

Stay safe ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.