Panther 10.3.2 and iMac-G3 problem

A

advisor

Hi, I recently upgraded my iMac 350 mhz - G3 to Panther and updated instantly to 10.3.2 (my ROM version is 419f1)
I have 320 MB RAM Installed and It seems to work ok - BUT...

When I perform tasks like opening some applications or select some items in the System prefs control the spinning colour wheel just keeps spinning...?!

Does anybody now what I can do to fix this?

I also have a problem with IChat AV (Panther 10.3.2 Install version or even the 2.1b version)
When I start it up it just keeps bouncing in the DOCK and the Finder's colour wheel keeps just spinning forever...
I tried to pull the Ethernet cable (used for login in on Router withs ADSL 1024) first and then start IChat and put the cable back in...
This will start Ichat but I dont think this is the proper way to use this talking Machine from Apple...!?

It would be great if someone could help me with this!

Thanks in advance

@visor

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

Have you installed anything like Labels X, or have you done some user folder surgery?

OP
T

TylerMoney

that happened to me for like a day. I was hooking up to the networks at school, and was just having some problems....and the spinner just kept going when I tried to shut down...and the computer wouldn't shut down.....so I did something very bad....I took out the battery....but then everything worked....and I haven't had a problem since...I went home that evenning and ran my repair disk...and I think it found something..it must have...I haven't had the slightest inth of a problem since basically....

OP
A

advisor

Panther & iChat still acting strange after clean install

Tnx for taking the time on replying here...

I just did a clean install and formatted my HD again
So the overall performance is much better but iChat in still not working properly

Maybe it has something to do with "rendezvous"?

Cause iChat won't start every second time I try to open it (that spinning wheel again)

If anyone has the knowledge please share! : )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.