How do I remove old administrator?

Reaction score
Have just bought a second hand ibook G4 for my girlfriend. It came with existing software that I don't want to delete off the HD. I want to change the administrator so that the old one is gone but I can't work out how to change the shortname for the administrator, it is not accessible (faded grey colour). I do have the old administrator's password and this has allowed me to change most things. But it is annoying because the old administrator's name is still on the home folder etc because it is the shortname. The lock/unlock icon does not help. Please help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Create a new Admin account, log into that one and delete the old one.

OP
M
Reaction score
have already tried that. can't delete original administrator even once have created a new administrator. and if modify old administrator can't access and change old administrator's shortname.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
APPLICATIONS > UTILITIES > NET INFO MANAGER > GROUPS > ADMINS

Select the admin you wish to remove and press delete on the keyboard. That account will now be a user account and you should be able to delete it from your Admin account.

Reaction score
I'm trying a lateral here because this thread is recent.
I have a family iMac G5 running 10.4.8.
At some point, a child changed their user to an ADMIN account.

Since Myspace has superseded schoolwork, I need to delete this account, but water-boarding their password out of them isn't an option, so I can't select their user to change it.

How do I delete a 2nd ADMIN account besides crashing the whole hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.