DVD stuck in Ti Slotload drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
So I made a backup copy of iLife '06using a dual-layer FujiFilm DVD and Toast 7 Titanium. I burned it on my G4 Sawtooth.. It mounted fine.. I popped it into my G4 TiBook, and the DVD did not mount and I cannot eject it.

Will I have to open this thing up? (I've already got a detailed manual to do so), or are there any other "tricks" I can try to get this dvd out?

Both machines are running 10.4.8.

Also, my TiBook has a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive, does this make it "not eligible" to read DL-dvd's or does the single/dual layer not really make a difference?

Any info is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Oh noes! I can't be of any help to you, but good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just did a bit of searching for you, and found this.

In short, it tells you to hold down your button on the track pad while booting. It says it may take a couple of tries, and you should hear the CD-ROM start working. If it doesn't work after several tries, it says you will need to disassemble.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I just did a bit of searching for you, and found this.

In short, it tells you to hold down your button on the track pad while booting. It says it may take a couple of tries, and you should hear the CD-ROM start working. If it doesn't work after several tries, it says you will need to disassemble.

Thansk for the info.. I actually just found that out myself about 10 minutes go lol.. Regrdless, the mouse button trick worked..

I'm trying to find out any info on my drive and seeing if the fact that it does not support +R media or not. All I can find out is that it reads DVD's at 8x.

The model is a "MATSUSHITA CD-RW CW-8121-B" according to System Profiler.. The only info I found on it was the speed of the drive and that it was made by Panasonic, and I can buy one for about $200 as a replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats, it's always a good day when a potentially huge problem has an easy fix. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.