transfering music from mac to pc or vice versa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac , 2 gb ram, 500gb HD
how do i transfer music from my mac to my pc and from my pc to my mac??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" Core 2 Duo - 2.16 GHz - 2Gb RAM - 256 Mb Graphics
You could always use a flash drive and transfer that way, or an iPod...Or connect your PC and Mac together using an ethernet cable and set up file sharng on both systems and transfer like that. That's how I had to transfer my videos, but a flash drive or iPod will work for music.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
??

how do i connect the pc and mac together and how do i set up network sharing for the pc and mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
You might want to have a look at this apple support page: Migrating your files.

Hope it helps you on your way.

Dave

Reaction score
Thanks, I was looking for a way to transfer all my movies without burning them to dvd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
buy some type of hd or flash stick and put the info on. that is what i do. its easy and fast

Reaction score
yea, but the files are like 800mbs, but my flash drive is 512mb, the stupid direct connect isnt working, ill just burn them onto dvd i guess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You might want to have a look at this apple support page: Migrating your files.

Hope it helps you on your way.

Dave

Thanks, I was looking for a way to transfer all my movies without burning them to dvd.
From the link that was provided:

Apple Article link said:
Direct connect

To move files by connecting your Mac directly to your PC:

Connect your Mac to your PC using a standard Ethernet cable.
Make sure that both computers are turned on.
In the Finder on your Mac, choose Connect to Server from the Go menu to open the window.
Type your PC's network address in the Server Address text box using one of these formats:
smb://DNSname/ShareName
smb://IPaddress/ShareName
Click Connect.
Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your PC's workgroup name, user name, password, and the volume or folder you wish to access.
Your PC volume should appear on your Mac Desktop.
Open the volume and drag and drop files directly from it to anywhere on your Mac.
When finished, drag your PC volume to the Trash to unmount it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
??

how can i setup my mac so it is the server computer so i can transfer the mac music to the pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You won't have to. You can drag and drop from either computer to the other. If you want to transfer stuff from your Mac to your Windows machine, connect the same way that the instructions advise and then just drag from the Mac to your Windows machine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how do i find my server address tho ¿

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how can i setup a dns server on my pc machine?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so how can i setup a dns server

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wow, 14 posts and this kid still has no idea how to setup an ethernet link between his PC and Mac....

I'll try to dumb down the process. First you connect your Mac and PC with an Ethernet cable. Then click on the Start button, hit Run, and when the little box pops up, type in "cmd" without the quotes. Then the command prompt should open (it's a black window). Type in "ipconfig" again without the quotes. You'll see your IP address (an example of what it looks like is 127.0.0.1).

Now that you have your PC's IP address, go back to your Mac. Close all programs. At the top, click on Go and then at the bottom, click on Connect to Server. A small window should pop up. In the little area where it says Server Address, type in the following:

smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Replace the x's with the IP address of your PC. Hit the Connect button. Wait a minute for the Mac to connect. Another window will pop up asking for login information. You can just leave this blank and another window will pop up asking which folder on your PC to access.

Usually you'll only see the Shared Documents folder, but you can enable file sharing on another folder/drive on your PC so you can access it from the Mac. If you need directions on how to share files on Windows, post here and we'll help you out.

You don't need to setup servers or do anything ridiculously complex just to transfer files, just follow some simple directions.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i tried connecting the to computers but the mac can't connect to server it says

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Do you get an error message?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just says can not connect to server

Reaction score
Wow, 14 posts and this kid still has no idea how to setup an ethernet link between his PC and Mac....

I'll try to dumb down the process. First you connect your Mac and PC with an Ethernet cable. Then click on the Start button, hit Run, and when the little box pops up, type in "cmd" without the quotes. Then the command prompt should open (it's a black window). Type in "ipconfig" again without the quotes. You'll see your IP address (an example of what it looks like is 127.0.0.1).

Now that you have your PC's IP address, go back to your Mac. Close all programs. At the top, click on Go and then at the bottom, click on Connect to Server. A small window should pop up. In the little area where it says Server Address, type in the following:

smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Replace the x's with the IP address of your PC. Hit the Connect button. Wait a minute for the Mac to connect. Another window will pop up asking for login information. You can just leave this blank and another window will pop up asking which folder on your PC to access.

Usually you'll only see the Shared Documents folder, but you can enable file sharing on another folder/drive on your PC so you can access it from the Mac. If you need directions on how to share files on Windows, post here and we'll help you out.

You don't need to setup servers or do anything ridiculously complex just to transfer files, just follow some simple directions.

that made it perfectly simple, thanks for the instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
the instructions above are simple. If you have still have problems, post your steps and we'll let u know where you went wrong. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.