Border around a picture?

Reaction score
What program could I use to put a simple black border around a picture? Can iphoto do that? I have Seashore, but have no idea how to use it...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
OK, just downloaded Seashore then - never really used it before, but I think I've come up with a method for you. Since Seashore doesn't seem to have any convenient method like photoshop does, this is the best thing I could find for seashore.

1. Open image

2. Create 2 new layers above image. The very top will be named layer 2, the layer in the middle, layer 1.

3. Fill layer 1 with black (or whichever border colour you like)

4. Select layer 2, and select Layer>Scale. In the pixel dimensions, reduce each dimension by 2 pixels - this will create a 1 pixel border (adjust this to however many pixels you want for the border, but 2 pixels will be the minimum for a complete border) Click OK.

5. Fill layer 2 with any colour, and then select all (with apple+a) Hide the layer (layer palette, click the eye)

6. Click layer 1, and hit delete. The selection should still be active, and since the dimensions were smaller than this layer, it should create a frame.
Done.

I know it's a really long way around it, but this seems to be the only method of doing this at the moment in Seashore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.