Programs keep quitting unexpectantly!!

Reaction score
Last night I was trying to watch a DVD and it kept quitting unexpectantly. It happened 4 times until I gave up. Now I'm trying to edit a picture in Seashore and it quit unexpectantly 3 times in the last 5 minutes!! What is wrong with my machine?! It is acting TOO MUCH like a PC with it's "illegal opperation" messages!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
You most likely have a faulty memory stick in your MacBook. When programs are open and running, they reside in active memory, which is your RAM.

Only two things generally cause applications to randomly crash and that is programming bugs (clearly not the case here), or bad memory. When the application writes a 0 to memory but gets a 1 back (or vice versa), it crashes.

I'd start there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I have the same issue. iMove HD quit on me twice tonight and iTunes did it once.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
it has happened to me a few times as well... but, i don't remember which applications shut down unexpectedly. it seems to be random and pretty infrequent for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
yea same here
once the cursor turns into that rainbow fan i know that the program will shutdown

Reaction score
firefox quits on me like 3 times a day. But i ordered more ram, because sometimes im running textedit, firefox with a few tabs, itunes, bityrant and limewire. I know its alot, but thats why ordered some mushkin 1gb ram... you may want to do that too if you have less than 512mb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.