Bluetooth not detecting new Razr v3m from Verizon

Reaction score
Hey, all. I just got to upgrade from my old phone (well, ok, I kinda killed it) and got a Motorola Razr v3m through verizon (although some apps have said it was a v3c - odd). I'd like to sync it via bluetooth, but the bluetooth on my mac (powerbook g4 running osx10.4.8) won't detect my phone (yes, I use the "find me" bit on my phone's bluetooth). Any tips or pointers? Right now, I'm attemtping to figureout bitpim - http://www.bitpim.org/ which is great, but I'd rather use bluetooth.

Reaction score
instead of using "find me" on your phone, simply go to "setup" and turn on the bluetooth. then on your computer go up to the bluetooth and you can "send" files or "browse" your phone.

OP
J
Reaction score
Tried that as well at first (bluetooth has to be on for find me to work). No dice there either. My system just does not see the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Only two things spring to mind are that the phone is in 'hidden mode' (or is that what 'find me' is in Motorola speak?) or Verizon have crippled the phone in some way. I know several providers do that so it's a possibility ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
verizon cripples their phones so you can't sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
not that im aware of. my LG fusic by sprint pairs fine, but what can i do with it?

jack pooh. sucky, but thats just how it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
yeah my phone is an lg by verizon and when i go to add files via bluetooth file exchange freezes and has an error, but i can my friend has a phone from cingular and i have used file exchange to get/put on stuff on his phone. plus like no online apps work with verizon phones. cuase they block everything from them cuase they are the only ones who they want to be able to do anyhtin with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I got my razr v3 from verizon to sync my contacts. I had the same problem at first but if you go into System Preferences and click on Bluetooth, click on the second tab (Devices) and choose Set up New Device you can do it. Go through the Bluetooth Setup Assistant that pops up and when it says Searching for mobile phone, activate the Find me function on the phone and the Setup assistant will find it. Then it should walk you through the rest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.