Ram??

Reaction score
Hello...Can I use any notebook RAM with my macbook?

I go to online stores (www.newegg.com) and they have a section dedicated to Apple RAM...Do I need to buy Apple RAM, or can I buy any notebook RAM? The price on the Apple RAM looks inflated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Your MacBook requires 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300). It will handle up to 2 GB. 1GB in each of its slots.

You can purchase any type of ram that meets those specs.

I have read on a couple forums however where a buyer has purchased ram and it has been slightly thicker then what it should have been making it not compatible with their MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
this is not true.

lower than 667 will also work, however, i would stick with what is recommended. DO NOT buy memory from the apple store however - the UK prices in particular are beyond a joke (i think £210 for 2gb , which is almost 400 dollars.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
It sure will. That is exactly what I bought, except I bought them seperately, not in a double pack. I love it! Totally recommended, and passed over 500 runs with MemTest, and no bad kernals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
how do you perform the memory test

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.