Real strange problem?

Reaction score
So I was trying to run aMSN a program i just downloaded and everything went slow and the fan ran crazy on and off. I tried to forcequit aMSN but there was this little log thing that didn't get quit. I tried to get rid of this log everyway I knew with no success. So i just decided shutting down all the applications then shutting down the computer itself was the only think I knew to do so I did it but when I logged back on my desktop dock all went to OG settings. I had random school work and folders on the desktop all deleted. But when I started inspecting again all of my applications are still there under the Application folder but all the logs, histories, and personal prefrences were deleted from them. The only extra files that were saved were the ones in their designated Movies, Music, Documents folders. It's like if the slate was wiped clean but their are stills bit and piecies left. and also from the beginning the computer acted like it was never started before sortve because I didn't have to go through the username password process but the beginner video that pops up when you first use the computer and applications giving preferences and tutrorials on how to use them all happened. What just happened with my macbook and I know it's real long run but is there anyway to recover the few missing files.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry if someone could move this to Macbook Pro section. I'm pretty sure I put it under there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I would go to their forums and see if you can get help there. What you have described is very messy. I've never heard of that happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.