• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

for all gamers

N

nikon101

Hey everyone..i am just new to the mac world as i have crossed over from the PC....all is cool with os 10 but there are hardly any games for mac...if anyone could tell me the best and most popular games on the mac are woild be nice and also where to download from.

cheers
have a nice day nikon101

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hmmm....I haven't really tried any games on my Mac yet, that's why I kept my PC haha. But I can assume that most Mac games are probably not freely downloadable. Maybe you can download a preview of the game? I'm sure others will come to post who have games for the Mac.

OP
N

nikon101

thanks for the reply schweb.........yeah i had to get a mac for my graphic design course....yeah i'm regretting selling off my PC...
cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Did someone say games?
I pretty much spent 90% of my time on a computer enthralled in a game (but lately I hvnt been on a computer much, and games are boring me)

Warcraft III
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Civilization III
Medal of Honor
The Summoner (in osx under classic mode, I dont lag at all)
Ghost Recon
Myth III
WWII Online
Tropico
Diablo II
Giants: Citizens of kabuto
Age of Empires II

there are also other good games i Haven't played
Apple Store/Games (dead link removed)

OP
N

nikon101

thanks for the list of games firestorm.....but where can i download them from...i have just spent $5390 on my new powerbook computer and have no money left to buy games for a while.....i plan on buying some soon but in the mean time i am bored wihout my PC and all the games i had for it......so if you or anyone else knows where i an download them please post a message or email me.

cheers everyone.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi nikon,
I understand your predicament, however, we can't post that type of information on these boards since it's in direct violation of the Forum Rules:

No illegal activity - Warez specifically

So while you're free to discuss the games themselves or where you can buy them from, please refrain asking where to download them from for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
The majority of those games have demo that let you at least play the first couple levels. I would start there. I know that's what I've done a couple times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yeah, i would suggest a demo. Mac Gamefiles should have most of them.
Medal of Honor just released a demo.. and Wolfenstein has a beta or a demo runnin around.

"board games" - nothing beats that intensity :D

other good software sites:
Version Tracker (dead link removed)
Mac Update
Aqua Files (not so good) (dead link removed)

FireStorm (dead link removed) ( :D I had to, heh) (actually FS has been takin a break, to much school)

OP
N

nikon101

Yeah thanks for the tips guys.

[Edited by schweb: Removed section in violation of Forum Rules]

OP
A

AstralZenith

Originally posted by Graphite@Apr 16 2003, 09:35 AM
Yeah, i would suggest a demo. Mac Gamefiles should have most of them.
Medal of Honor just released a demo.. and Wolfenstein has a beta or a demo runnin around.

"board games" - nothing beats that intensity :D

other good software sites:
Version Tracker
(dead link removed)
Mac Update
Aqua Files (not so good)
(dead link removed)

FireStorm (dead link removed) ( :D I had to, heh) (actually FS has been takin a break, to much school)
medal of honor demo? i'm there ;)

FS's break is over... production is up 150% (1.5 * .5 hours per day = 3 hours per day)

yeah im writing the FS_License Obj-C class right now (smells like a FS update to me) i would explain it more, but since i don't want to help out hackers... i won't ;)

OP
N

nikon101

cheers everyone for your help.....i'll try the demos and go from there. sorry to schweb for breaking the rules....i hadn't read them till now. nikon101

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Originally posted by nikon101@Apr 18 2003, 08:47 AM
cheers everyone for your help.....i'll try the demos and go from there. sorry to schweb for breaking the rules....i hadn't read them till now. nikon101
No problem nikon101....
Let us know what you think of the games after you demo them!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.