Cleaning Imac Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
A damp, clean, lint free cloth works very well and is inexpensive ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple sez:
Apple said:
Follow these general rules when cleaning the outside of your computer and its components:
Shut down your computer and detach the power adapter.
Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray any type of liquid directly on the computer.
Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I use iKlear Apple Polish. http://klearscreen.com/detail.aspx?ID=12

It's a little expensive but is the best LCD screen cleaner I have come across so far. It will remove smudges and scuffs on the screen and leave it looking brand new! It also buffs up the Apple "white (or black)" finish really well.

And I don't just use it on my iMac, I use it to clean my iPod and my Windows PC & Laptop's displays. Its awesome. AND It comes recommended by Apple!

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
By the way, I just checked, and iKlear is available at Amazon.com for only $14.99 per 8 oz bottle, vs. the $20+ they are looking for at their own site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4
I use iClean, came with a cloth so no worries on whether I was using the right cloth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Unless you live in a household with smoking, or lots of deep fat fried cooking, is there really a need for it? I can't see that grime would ever build up on an LCD surface in most other cases. I have never used anything but a soft dry cloth on my LCDs, which I have used for years, and that is pretty much just for dusting. What is other people's experience?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Sometimes idiots come over and put fingerprints on it. And theyre remarkably hard to get off with just a dry cloth. aarrrggg!!!

Jem

Reaction score
I get kid-sized fingerprints all over my LCD... can't imagine how they get there :D

I've some Plastic Cleaner spray that came from RS Components a few years ago and that, along with a microfibre cloth, does a very nice job and gets rid of all the greasey marks in no time.

Though if the marks continue to appear I may have to try a sharp knife instead.... :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
hahahaha yeah. I have this one friend that just looooves to touch the screen.
Not like an PC monitor screen! please do not touch! She doesn't listen. haha.

M

MacHeadCase

Not to mention the rogue, wild untamed sneeze here and there... *Rolleyes* :eek:

I used Monster's iClean for a while but in the long run, I saw it left behind a weird smeared build-up so now I use Kensington's Screen Guardian and it cleans really well, no oily build-up.

Reaction score
I put a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol (from Home Depot/Lowes) and water in a spray bottle and use that with a cloth diaper -- works perfectly on LCD displays and glass (and is essentially what's in the majority of "custom" LCD sprays, along with propylene glycol).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.