Question about AirPort Express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
is it possible to ave any programs other than iTunes play through speakers attached to the AirPort? and how do I get video sound from iTunes to play through the speakers?

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
ok, that Airfoil app sucks. Horrible sync when playing videos (few second lag).

also, is there anyway to make the airport express extend the range of the network from a router other than the airport base station thingy? I have a linksys router but the signal drops out on the other side of my room so if I am on my bed with the computer, the sound stops sometimes (like it has to re-buffer) because the signal is weak.

Reaction score
MBasile:
How big a room are you crossing to lose wireless signal on the other side? Line-of-sight you should get at least 50 ft before losing signal strength from the Linksys. If there are large, metal barriers in the middle of the room, I could see that blocking signal, but in any typical room, signal strength should be the same, whether you are standing next to the wireless router/AP, or across the room from it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.