Which wireless router?

Reaction score
In the coming week I am planning on ordering a new Mac Laptop Pro that I want to go wireless at home. I currently have a Power Mac G4 that I want to keep wired. Don’t really want to spend extra money for Apple’s Airport Express plus an airport card for the Power Mac. I have been looking at wireless routers and isolated it down to a Belkin Wireless G router (F5D72304) and a D-Link AirPlus Extreme G (DI-624). Reviews are mixed for both. The Belkin unit appears to have the best reviews, except one individual indicated that they couldn’t run Safari with it. Anybody out there with information on the Belkin or any advice on a better router for a wireless laptop and a wired Power Mac G4 set up at home?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I have this it works great. http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=370&#DGL-4300

with wireless router you get what you pay for. I went through 3 linksys in the coarse of 3 years because they kept burning out. Now i bought this. One thing you will find out with wireless is that it somtimes dropps you connection when you do anything internet intensive (streaming, limewire) With this router I can stream 5gig files to my file server and use bit torrent at the same time. This router has never dropped its connection on me since the day i got it over a year ago. the linksys would drop the connection as soon as i opened limewire.

this also have 1000mb wired ports so you can send stuff between you powermac and laptop super fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
In the coming week I am planning on ordering a new Mac Laptop Pro that I want to go wireless at home. I currently have a Power Mac G4 that I want to keep wired. Don’t really want to spend extra money for Apple’s Airport Express plus an airport card for the Power Mac. I have been looking at wireless routers and isolated it down to a Belkin Wireless G router (F5D72304) and a D-Link AirPlus Extreme G (DI-624). Reviews are mixed for both. The Belkin unit appears to have the best reviews, except one individual indicated that they couldn’t run Safari with it. Anybody out there with information on the Belkin or any advice on a better router for a wireless laptop and a wired Power Mac G4 set up at home?

I could be wrong but I dont think a router would stop the individual from using Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.