update category for >1 song? add tags? search by group?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2 Core Duo
Hello iTuneros,

Three simple questions. I'd like to know if there's any way to:

1) adapt Search so I can search not only by artist, album or song, but also by category, group or genre.

2) edit the "category" information of more than one song in one go?

3) apply tags to songs? (as in del.ici.ous)

Thanks for your help. xinelo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hello iTuneros,

Three simple questions. I'd like to know if there's any way to:

1) adapt Search so I can search not only by artist, album or song, but also by category, group or genre.

2) edit the "category" information of more than one song in one go?

3) apply tags to songs? (as in del.ici.ous)

Thanks for your help. xinelo

1. There is nothing to adapt. Just type the genre in the search and you are all set.

2. Yes, just select the tracks you want using Command+click to select them, then when they are all highighted hit Command+ I. This brings up the track info editor which also brings you to the same place you need to add tags like in your #3 question.

OP
xinelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2 Core Duo
thanks D3v1L80Y

1. Ups. You are right. I think I was searching while in a playlist (not the whole library) which didn't contain the tracks with the group/genre/... that I was searching by.

2,3. Thanks. I know how to bring up the track info editor, but I see no place where to add/edit its category or any tags.

The only pieces of information that I can see are: Name, Artist, Album Artist, Album, Group, Author, Comments, Gender, Year, etc. I suppose any tag I want to add should go in either Group or Comments, is it?

Thanks a lot! xinelo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The only pieces of information that I can see are: Name, Artist, Album Artist, Album, Group, Author, Comments, Gender, Year, etc. I suppose any tag I want to add should go in either Group or Comments, is it?

Thanks a lot! xinelo
Yeah, that is where you can add whatever you want.

OP
xinelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2 Core Duo
thx

Ok, thanks a lot! x.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.