IM client

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
Ok peeps what do you reccomend for a cross platform IM client?

I use MSM, Yahoo and ICQ and have been using Proteus since switching, the app seems a little quirky and more often than not it displays contacts as offline when they are actually there. Anyone got any other good suggestions or is Proteus regarded as the best there is?

Zeni.

B

bamon

I'm still a PC user waiting to switch, so I've done some research into mac software, to know what i'm switching to. IM is also very important to me so I browsed around for that too. I saw a thingy called FireIM that might suit your needs. Looks great and is cross platform , and if i'm not wrong free.

Zenistar said:
Ok peeps what do you reccomend for a cross platform IM client?

I use MSM, Yahoo and ICQ and have been using Proteus since switching, the app seems a little quirky and more often than not it displays contacts as offline when they are actually there. Anyone got any other good suggestions or is Proteus regarded as the best there is?

Zeni.

S

shadov

I use Fire for ICQ. It's nice little open source (free) program. Check it out.

bamon: what do mean by 'cross platform'? The project page says: Environment: Cocoa (MacOS X). Doesn't sound very cross platform to me.

OP
Zenistar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
shadov said:
bamon: what do mean by 'cross platform'? The project page says: Environment: Cocoa (MacOS X). Doesn't sound very cross platform to me.

By cross platform I meant that it should work with ICQ, MSM, Yahoo etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.