No sound cards?

Gav

Reaction score
I am the IT Manager for a new-ish recording company. All the staff have said that they want to use Logic Pro. I said that it was fine and we would get set up with some Mac Pros.

The trouble is, they seem to be very poor on the audio front. They seem to have very limited built in sound, and as far as I can see there are no sound cards that work with macs.

I wanted to use the X-FI Elite Pro on the systems, but it seems as though we won't be able to because they are not Mac compatiable?

Does anyone know of a decent audio solution for the Mac?

After all, I would much rather buy 5 Mac Pros than 5 Dells :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I use Logic Express on a Macbook. The internal audio is pretty good, it's really the quality of the interface that's the key.

Anyway, if you look at any of the pro audio mags, there are advertisements for Macs targetted at audio pros, which usually have the additional interface ports.

OP
G

Gav

Reaction score
Thanks. No more help is needed, I just called up an old contact who is now really high up in EMI (Which to be honest I was gob smacked about :p) and he has given me the low down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Thanks. No more help is needed, I just called up an old contact who is now really high up in EMI (Which to be honest I was gob smacked about :p) and he has given me the low down.

Mind sharing? (For the benefit of others who might have similar questions.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
please do share that u did as im looking at audio options for my mac pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
ive just ordered an m-audio card. I was going to get an external creative labs one but creative no longer offer support for macs so decided to go with the m-audio

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.