dotmac issues!.

Reaction score
I use dotmac primarily for syncing my calender between my desktop and my laptop. since I bought it has been annoying by doing one thing.....constantly asking for my password all the time at least 20 to 30 times a day. For all sorts of reasons from macsyncclient to mactranslator all this stuff I only use it to do two things and it asks for passwords on all this stuff. Even when i am not connected to the internet. I wake up in the morning everyday to at least 4 .mac utilities asking for my password. Is there anyway around this? I just want to ask for my password less or maybe even never. I mean if it did twice or three times a day it would not be bad but it does it at least 20 times a day on one computer I get sick of it. :radioacti

M

MacHeadCase

I know that logging in and out, each time you want to perform an operation directly into your account you will be asked to log back in and on some operations a second time for your password. Sometimes the .Mac service is weird because they are performing maintenance tasks on the system. If the problem you have is more than this I would suggest you contact them.

They do have support for the .Mac accounts. I would get in touch with the .Mac support people via an e-mail-based form. I used them once and they are quite good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.