Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac g5, 20" Cinema Monitor, 4 Gb Ram, 2 x 180Gb HD, 1 x External 320 GB
Hey there,

I did a search for couldnt find the definitive answer on this one. I apologise if it has been covered before.

I have a G5 Dual 2.7 from the UK, purchased just before the dual cores came out for a good price. Anyway - I have just moved from the UK to Toronto Canada, and my computer is currently being shipped out to join me......

I have read the g5 has a auto sensing power supply, and that it will be fine working here with 100v system ? Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Also - as i dont have it to hand - will my Apple 20" monitor transformer also accept the 110volt system.

As i mentioned, both were bought in UK for the 240v system. If they work, then i guess all i need to do is purchase replacemnt AC cords from a store?

Many thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There may be very limited expertise available on this forum for these kind of questions I'm afraid. Happily, there are Apple stores in Toronto. You will find one at the Yorkdale Mall. Here is the full address:

3401 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6A 3A1
(416) 785-1776

and the store's URL:

http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/yorkdale/week/20061231.html

You can probably just stroll in and ask them. If not, they can probably help you with an external converter.

Good luck!

...yes, I am originally from Canada!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac g5, 20" Cinema Monitor, 4 Gb Ram, 2 x 180Gb HD, 1 x External 320 GB
I appreciate the reply and will call them and ask for some help.
My research leads me to believe that both items will be ok here, with new AC cords.
Ill check the manuals when they arrive, and ill also post my findings for benefit of forum when i find out for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.