• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Pro

Reaction score
I can't seem to mark up my added in music track with markers in the appropriate places.

Here's my process .....

I import the music clip and render.

I then set the thus far 'rendered movie' playing.

I stop the movie at the first point I want to add a marker, highlight the music track and add said marker.

I then set the movie playing again, only it doesn't and I just get the sound track. Unselect that and play again until next marker point. At which point I try to go through my prior step to add a marker - unfortunately it adds the marker but in totally the wrong place.

Can anybody spot what I'm doing wrong?

I've done this before but for some reason can't remember how.

Reaction score
i think that you have to go and select the video clip on your timeline just like you selected the musci layer. this should make the video layer visable. good luck

joshlacrosse

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply .... I'm back because I worked it out in the end. I knew I'd done this before but couldn't recall how.

For future reference here's how.

1. Select entire timeline and play until point at which you want the music to decrease. Stop and wind back a frame or two if necessary.
2. In the timeline double click the music track.
3. In the viewer your track becomes visible you need to locate the key frame button next to the levels (at the top in my case). Create a key frame.
4. Wind back a frame or two in the viewer and keyframe again.
5. Now you can drop or raise the overall volume of the track by moving the first keyframe.
6. Select back on the timeline and repeat process as many times as one wishes to up and down the volume at different points.

et voila!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.