1.5GHz G4????

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Ok I need a new DVD player, one that is HDMI, so I figure the mini is better.

So I decided to go second hand and find one, cheaper!

So not to far from me, a man is selling one for a reasonable price.

G4, 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth ¥50,000

So I fugure ok, but they never made a 1.5 G4. This is a solo core right? I have e-mailed him but I checked on the apple site and nope. I am correct this is an intel core solo 1.5Ghz machine right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There were some 1.5 Ghz G4 Minis produced. This was a mistake made at the factory that made them. They weren't marked as such, they were sold in regular boxes, and Apple never officially announced or released the "upgrade". Still, Apple admitted to the fault and recognized that a small number of machines were sent out for distribution that way. Rather than do a recall or stop the shipments already sent out, they very quietly allowed them to be sold. If you actually received one, then it was total luck of the draw and there was no way of knowing ahead of time if the Mini you bought was an "upgraded" one or not.

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
ok, thats is really bad. But I dont use any windows software so PPC is fine by me. Sneaky apple.

Reaction score
I have a Mini like that. It's not really a mistake, they just upgraded some of them, but didn't make it an official upgrade. It does say 1.42GHz on the bottom of the mini. The 1.5's also got more video ram, which was much needed. 64megs instead of 32.. Oh, and I think they got a higher speed HD too, 5400 instead of 4200rpm.. :) Really makes my mini a fully loaded beast considering it's got all the options available from apple, plus the freebies that weren't officially available. :)

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I have a Mini like that. It's not really a mistake, they just upgraded some of them, but didn't make it an official upgrade. It does say 1.42GHz on the bottom of the mini. The 1.5's also got more video ram, which was much needed. 64megs instead of 32.. Oh, and I think they got a higher speed HD too, 5400 instead of 4200rpm.. :) Really makes my mini a fully loaded beast considering it's got all the options available from apple, plus the freebies that weren't officially available. :)

I take it, it has shared graphics??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.