Looking for DVD cataloging programs for OSX

Reaction score
I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for a software to catalog my DVD collection. I know there are many decent ones out the for about 40 USD, but i was wonder if anyone knew a free one with a nice looking interface. Thanks in advanced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I just searched around all of the software sites and didn't find any freeware programs.

http://www.delicious-monster.com/ Is $40 but is one of the best purchases I have ever made for my laptop. I have my Books/Music/DVD's/Video Games as well as my roommates items cataloged. If you have an iSight it goes so fast with the barcode scanner

OP
T
Reaction score
I saw that one and it looks like the one I am going to purchase. Just trying to see what's out there before i spend $40 on a program when Macs have so many awesome free apps.

OP
T
Reaction score
As of now, I like the Delicious one. But still a free one would be something I'm looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Will any of these work for cataloging CD albums and singles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
DeliciousLibrary which I linked to can scan anything that has a barcode that you can find on amazon.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

The second one I listed, DVD Manager says its for DVDs, but has the feilds Title, Year, Genre, and Author. So yeah you could just as easily use it for cds.

I had a list of my DVDs, imported it into neooffice, saved it as .csv, then DVD Manager picked it right up with no problem. 220+ DVDs listed in less than a minute =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I'm currently entering all my DVD's into DVDmanager, and I've found the "IMDb (US)" selection for retreiving details from the web to be the easiest to select DVDs from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I'm currently entering all my DVD's into DVDmanager, and I've found the "IMDb (US)" selection for retreiving details from the web to be the easiest to select DVDs from.

Yeah thats really cool, but since I already had a list I didn't feel like typing in 220+ titles again lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Delicious Library is looking pretty good to me. I like the feature where I can scan barcodes...I might purchase it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
MacUpdate has a special today on Librarian Pro:

http://www.mupromo.com/

I just purchased it ($7.95 was too good a price to pass up) and it works well with CDs and books. I haven't tried it yet with DVDs since I have most of my DVDs cataloged with DVDManager, but I would guess it would work well for those, too. You can try it before buying it - the regular price is $29.95, so MacUpdate's price is a bargain.

Claire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Delicious Library is looking pretty good to me. I like the feature where I can scan barcodes...I might purchase it....

It's superb, and well worth it. It does books, CDs and games, too, and you can track the ones you lend out to people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
That DVD Manager one looks great downloading now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Go with DeliciousLibrary. Although, I might just hold off for a bit. The new version is almost out which has some awesome effects and features (it's leopard only). I guess they will have some upgrade discount for existing users, but just check with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.