Memory upgrade

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 1 gig stick or memory assumming it will take it, I just bought last week a G5 Intel iMac.

What memory do i get from it as not spending £200 from apple, where I could get it elsewhere for a lot cheaper.

Also is the 1gig im my mac 1 stick or 2 512?

OP
T
Reaction score
Just been looking about on apple and its says my mac can come with up to 3 gig on it however only see 2 slots on the underneath of my machine is there another slot inside?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
No there is not a third slot, just the two. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
it can hold potentially 4 but the procesor can only support 3 if i understand correctly. so 1x1gb stick and 1x2gb stick.

OP
T
Reaction score
There you go I did not even know you could get 2 gig sticks, any suggestions where to get them?

Reaction score
I've got my eye on some ram from Crucial.com. The most important thing is to make 200% sure the ram you are thinking of buying matches exactly with all the specs that your Intel Mac has.

Do me a favour timboellis1, go to the blue apple icon and scroll to 'About This Mac' and post what it says for Processor and Memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.