bluetooth?

P

PC HATER

Ok i feel really stupid, but what the heak. Ok i want to know how bluetoothe works how far it goes what is its purpose i understand that It is linking electronic devices , but I really dont get it. Thanks in advance

OP
L

lzasitko

bluetooth

PC HATER said:
Ok i feel really stupid, but what the heak. Ok i want to know how bluetoothe works how far it goes what is its purpose i understand that It is linking electronic devices , but I really dont get it. Thanks in advance

The following is right off the web:

Bluetooth - Chip technology enabling seamless voice and data connections between a wide range of devices through short-range digital two-way radio. It is an open specification for short-range communications of data and voice between both mobile and stationary devices. For instance, it specifies how mobile phones, WIDs, computers and PDAs interconnect with each other, with computers, and with office or home phones.

Think of it as short range wireless networking

Larry

OP
L

lplplpx3

Heard of Bluetooth but NEVER actually saw it in action until today. Example...friend of mine owns a mac and an Ericcson cell phone. He created a midi file on mac, sat his cell on desk, looked in finder and located his cell (whichj appeared just like another disk) and then dragged and dropped the midi file to his phone. Becuase that Ericcson has GM sounds assigned, he hit play and played the the file he had just wirelessly transferred.

I guess if you are familiar with Palm Pilots, its kinda of the same scenario. Devices able to share and swap info without being physically linked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.