more memory problems and date problems with usb

Reaction score
I have trouble with my flash drive claiming it is full. I have emptied trash on my mac. The flash drive says I have loads of space, but I cannot copy documents. Also even though my office computer and home computer have the same time, documents loaded on the flash from the home computer will show a different time when I bring them to the office. Any help is appreciated? Also how often do you need to do the index? And should it take a really long time?
Thanks.

Joanne
:confused: :confused: :confused:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
From what I have read about flash drive is the way is save data, is causing the problem. Just copy all of the data on your hard disk. Then delete everything on the flash drive. Afer which you copy all of your data back. you should be okay again. I remember reading that data is written to the flash drive serially. So when you delete a file it leave a hole, when you try to save a file is copies on the end, instead of any available space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.