• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

To buy or NOT to buy a macbook pro?

Reaction score
I messed up my G4 powerbook's screen so now the best way for me to go is to get a new laptop because of the cost of replacing the screen. I am leaning towards the 13" macbook(maxing out the stats on ram and the hd) because of it smaller size which makes it easier to transport but i still need the best performance I can get which is that of the macbook pro. I understand that macworld is coming up this weekend and that new products are going to be introduced. I have been reading the rumors around the forum and some say that apple may release the 13" macbook pro. What do you all think are the chances of this? Also are the systems after macworld going to have leopard on them? I need to get a new laptop asap for my job and I want to know everyones opinion on what I should do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
some people are calling for a 12inch mbp, i don't see it as very realistic, however i'm hoping for one! i'd say go for the best computer you can buy with the money you have. and remember, you can buy an external display for the powerbook and use it at home.

Reaction score
There are so many rumors out there and I don't have much faith in any of them. Even with that said, I would wait if you can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
with all the rumors floating around, i would wait for macworld and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There are always rumors floating around out there. Historically, they have been just that... rumors. A very small, extremely minute percentage of those stories ever see the light of truth. I never condone or promote the idea of buying into rumors.
Normally I would tell anyone to just get the computer when they need/want/can afford it.
Still, seeing that MacWorld is so close, waiting a week won't hurt things. You never know, there might be a newly-updated machine unveiled there. If the end of MacWorld comes and there are no shiny, new machines, then it is a safe bet that there won't be anytime soon and you can go ahead and just buy your new computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.