Nokia N73 and iSync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
I've just recently got a MacBook Pro, and would love to be able to transfer files to and from my Nokia N73, rather than having to use my PC. I have tried using iSync, but it says that the phone is not supported (although I have read that the N70 is supported, so not sure why mine wouldn't be since they're both run Symbian). I did try a simple Bluetooth connection, which did work, but I would much rather use something like iSync which presumably would allow me to see the files much more conveniently than the Bluetooth File Transfer does (ie. can't see thumbnails, files aren't in order, etc).

I found an article here: http://www.urbanpuddle.com/articles/2006/08/31/review-nokia-n73-w-os-x which explains about a plug-in for iSync which should, apparently, make the N73 compatible. The plug-in was created by a German guy, and I don't speak German, so I can't understand anything on the page itself. The author of the article did explain how to install it, but I can't find the folder where I'm supposed to install it.

If anyone can help me with this plug-in, or knows of another way for me to sync my phone with my MBP (is there any program compatible with Mac OS X that is similar to Nokia's PC Suite?) please let me know.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I bought an N73 on Friday last week and I followed the read-me and didn't get very far.

I then went to the German website, copied the URL into Google Translate, then read through the pages on his site which made it clear where to install the files and what to do.

Unfortunately I left my mac at home today (for the first time in ages), so I can't tell you where I copied it to. I'll try to remember tonight to have a look for you if you've still not sorted it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.