iPod problem

Reaction score
Hey I am have a problem with my 30Gb ipod.

I was plugging it into my iBook and the do not disconnect symbol came on. It was on hold so the padlock sign is on. I came to disconnect the ipod but the screen has jammed and has now frozen. None of the buttons are responding. How can I resolve this?

Please help me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Switch the hold on and then off. After that hold the middle button and play for about 8 seconds. That should reset it with no deleting of music or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hey I am have a problem with my 30Gb ipod.

I was plugging it into my iBook and the do not disconnect symbol came on. It was on hold so the padlock sign is on. I came to disconnect the ipod but the screen has jammed and has now frozen. None of the buttons are responding. How can I resolve this?

Please help me!

as Jeff stated do a reset by PUSHING and HOLDING the menu button and the MIDDLE button at the same time for 10 seconds.. this works best if hooked to power and may take a few trys to work..

good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHZ, iMac Intel Core Duo 20" 2GHZ, 80GB iPod
Dude, i have the same problem. My ipod has frozen and wont respond to ANY reset or other commands and this happened when i plugged it in to my toshiba laptop, opened iTunes and it stated that my iPod was corrupted. I then took it out and it has been frozen for 2 days. LOL. it wont respond to any methods of restarting and i think i might just let the battery drain. Its stuck on the boot screen with the little apple logo. Hmm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
That's odd. Never heard of them being "corrupted". Hopefully letting the battery die, and then recharging will work. If not, give another post, and we can bounce some ideas around...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if my ipod freezes the method of holdiing the menu button down and the middle button for 8-10 secs works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's always worked for me too. But sometimes if you put really crappy music like Britney Spears, N*Sync, or The Backstreet Boys on your iPod, it gets really angry and decides not to respond to anything. I've only seen it once myself though.

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. I got a message in ITunes that an update was available for my IPod. I did it, but the screen went to the apple logo and now nothing. I tried the above and it seemed to work, going into disk mode and resetting, but when the apple logo comes back, it seems stuck and wont turn on, and keeps flashing like its trying to start up....?HELP!

Reaction score
Never Mind.

I ended up having to reformat in disk mode.....but its all good now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
iPod Crash

Dude, i have the same problem. My ipod has frozen and wont respond to ANY reset or other commands and this happened when i plugged it in to my toshiba laptop, opened iTunes and it stated that my iPod was corrupted. I then took it out and it has been frozen for 2 days. LOL. it wont respond to any methods of restarting and i think i might just let the battery drain. Its stuck on the boot screen with the little apple logo. Hmm.

A lot of ipods have this problem somtimes it has to do with the hard drive actually crashing. If this is the case you can either send it to Apple if you have a warranty still or apple care, or you have to pay them to fix it. That or there is a place called King iPod out of Canada where you ship it to them and they do all of the repairs for around 30 bucks. you can find the link here. http://www.theappleresource.com/ipod.php

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.