• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stupid Comments/ Questions from Windows users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
It's time for a thread like this.

When the new eMacs came in at our school, I had a little chat with my friend

Friend: Wow, those new eMacs sure do look neat!
Me: Yeah, they're pretty cool.
Friend: I see they also run that new cool OS, Windows..umm...Vista?
Me: No, they run Mac OS X.
Friend: They can't, it makes them crash.
Me: No, in fact they crash less and don't get viruses.
Friend: ...

It bugs me at how ignorant some people are. They are just in that Windows bubble, free from all other OSes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
hahahahaha,,, that is funny

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thought I'd revive this thread, it has good potential, and it was a 10> pager at MR.

Reaction score
One of my friends is a Mac fan, one of mine owns an iMac and loves it, but the rest probably think Mac means iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Ah, well here's one or two for ya.

I was using my old Bondi iMac G3, with a friend over. She looked over at it and asked what version of Windows it ran. I said "it doesn't run Windows it runs Mac OS 8."
She replied with "Wait, that's a mac?" "yep."
She stares at it for a few more seconds.
"I didn't know Macs had color screens.":eek:

Another one.

We had just visited the Apple store, and while I had been contemplating weather to get an iMac or a Mini (ended up getting a Mini for christmas later) My sister had been playing with an iMac. As we were leaveing the mall, I asked "So, what do you think of those Macs?"
"They're pretty good." *pause* "I didn't know Macs ran iTunes.":eek: :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I was at starbucks and the cop next to me was like "is that an apple? so whats the big deal? whats the difference?" I really didnt know how to answer what was different besides "everything"

Reaction score
i went to futureshop and the guy there didnt know ipod videos had harddrives in them, and he also said that mac osx was a very unstable operationg system and thats why they ran vista on all of the macs in their store. Then i went over to an imac opened up the start menu and it went to a blue screen of death and then i started laughing really hard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I asked a guy at BestBuy about a Mac before I bought mine and he said he didn't know much about them but that the downside was that "there's basically no software whatsoever for Macs."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Recently, somebody got mad when they saw Trash instead of Recycle Bin because it wasn't PC. No pun intended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 2GB Ram, 120 GB HD
At school, around other PC users I always get the, "Ooo, look at me. I'm trendy and buy trendy things." Or, "I'm don't know how to use a computer, so I bought a MAC."

I usually don't respond, just indulge them with a smile. After a while, I was showing them how easy it was to use, and all the neat stuff it can do. I kept getting, "What about virus protection/spyware?" I politely said, "MAC has not yet had an issue with viruses or spyware bots, so I don't have to worry about them for now."

Then I had to help one of them connect their Windows laptop to our school's wireless. My MBP auto-detected the connection (I just had to create the defaults for future connections). Their laptop couldn't see any of the school's connections. We went through about 5 or 6 different screens adjusting configuration settings and security just to get the laptop to recognize the signal, let alone connect to it!

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, you're lucky if you have a certain card like Intel wireless, because you have a better interface than the Windows XP/Vista wireless program.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My avatar was a baby who used windows, and then went crazy. :D

Reaction score
Man i got a story so one time i was minding my own business using my mac when this guy came up to me and starting saying that windows was better so i stabbed him. After he fell to the ground i just threw him in my trunk drove over to the local river and dumped him off pretty good eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
My avatar was a baby who used windows, and then went crazy. :D

ROFL....iRye, now that avatar has even more meaning! You've made my day! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
@JayroCruz

Yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
My ict teacher thought i was incompitent and messed around in the lesson because i didnt know how to use a computer, until i brought my mac in she was really impressed but couldnt believe the price.

My next ICT teacher goes, eww its a mac and laughed
and then was like i never understood why the is no right click and i showed him the two finger tap and ctrl click and he was like oh now i understand.
Then he said there just a toy, until i showed him my apps i.e flash & photoshop

And then someone in the class goes yeah but you can get them for pc's

and i replied
Yeah well my mac looks better than your "pcs"

and he shut up :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
User walks up to my desk, starts talking to me about my opinion of what new PC she should buy.

I ask her the usual volley of questions, trying to determine her needs. Then I say "have you ever considered a Mac?". She says "A Mac? What's that?". I explain "you know, an Apple Macintosh". Her reply "Oh, Apple is still around? I thought they were like - you know - obsolete".

The kicker of this is that the reason she wanted a new PC was because she was running Windows ME on her old machine and had just gotten her daughter an APPLE iPod for Christmas and was having difficulty getting iTunes and the iPod working. Apparently, that big Apple logo on the box didn't tip her off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
User walks up to my desk, starts talking to me about my opinion of what new PC she should buy.

I ask her the usual volley of questions, trying to determine her needs. Then I say "have you ever considered a Mac?". She says "A Mac? What's that?". I explain "you know, an Apple Macintosh". Her reply "Oh, Apple is still around? I thought they were like - you know - obsolete".

The kicker of this is that the reason she wanted a new PC was because she was running Windows ME on her old machine and had just gotten her daughter an APPLE iPod for Christmas and was having difficulty getting iTunes and the iPod working. Apparently, that big Apple logo on the box didn't tip her off.
HahaROTFLol.
Seriously, if she's running WinME, gets an iPod and doesn't know that Apple is still around...Apple could open a store across the street and she probably wouldn't get a clue!
I bet her Winbox is just choc full o virusy, malwarey goodness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

ROFLMAO!!!!
People are so ignorant nowadays
apple ipod?
It doesnt take a genious to put the two together

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.