• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macboom pro off the apple refurb store?

Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking to buy a macbook from apple in the new year after macworld but I was looking at the apple refurb store on their website and there are refurbished macbook pros for similar prices to new macbooks.

I was wondering has anyone bought anyone off the refurb store and have they had a bad experience or a good one?
Is the product in any way much worse than a new one?

I also noticed that they don't have core 2 duo processors, but core duo processors which suggests that they might be older computers.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Hi,
I was looking to buy a macbook from apple in the new year after macworld but I was looking at the apple refurb store on their website and there are refurbished macbook pros for similar prices to new macbooks.

I was wondering has anyone bought anyone off the refurb store and have they had a bad experience or a good one?
Is the product in any way much worse than a new one?

I also noticed that they don't have core 2 duo processors, but core duo processors which suggests that they might be older computers.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

What is a macboom pro....? just kidding, in a seriousness though, i have an ipod video refurb and besided the packaging, you would have no idea it was refurbed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i hear refurb is just as good as new, my friend baught a refurbed Mini, and it looks just like mine(i got mine new). i guess the only disadvantage to refurb is that it sometimes the newest machine (his was a g4)

Reaction score
Another downside, sometimes they can take awhile to ship them. I ordered an iBook refurbished, after 2 weeks of waiting I canceled to go with a new one from Amazon. My MacBook Pro came really quick though.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks. (sorry about the spelling mistake!)
Does anyone know if refurbed macs will come with iLife '07 in the new year?

M

MacHeadCase

Ahhhahahahahahaha
icon10.gif

Good one, Sgt Beavis!
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think if you don't really need a C2D, a refurb CD would be a great value. In retrospect, I wish I had gone that route. I think the difference in price was around $400! Luckily my student discount cut that in half anyway.

Can you get Applecare for refurbs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.