Where's my clipboard

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can see what's on my clipboard? Or how to access it?

Thanks

Shark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
It is a virtual space as far as I know.

Reaction score
The clipboard in mac isn't viewable without an application like Windows Clipboard Viewer. One Option for you might be iClip Light Dashboard Widget. Might be a bit overblown for your needs, but it might just be useful for you if your someone who works a lot with the clipboard. iClip full version is a good piece of software, too.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey thanks.

So what happens when you take a photo of a window/page to clipboard. Does it also go to the desktop?

S

Reaction score
After a bit of playing around, here's your answer:
cmd-shift-3 takes the whole screen, svaes it to the desktop (Doesn't go to the clipboard)
cmd-shift-4 lets you select an area on the screen, and saves it.

cmd-ctrl-shift-3 takes the whole screen, and copies it to clipboard.
cmd-ctrl-shift-4 allows you to select an area on screen to copy to clipboard.

Reaction score
clipboard editing

Newbie question:

I copied text to the clipboard and cannot move or delete it. How to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Copy something else to delete it.
Paste it into a text document to edit it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro,2.4 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo. 4 GB 667 MHz DD2 SDRAM, HD: Half Terabyte
Newbie question:

I copied text to the clipboard and cannot move or delete it. How to do this?

Thanks in advance.

You use Command-C to Copy and Command-V to Paste, New Copies will replace the data in Clipboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
You use Command-C to Copy and Command-V to Paste, New Copies will replace the data in Clipboard.

you do realize that question is 2.5 years old...right ;D but nice use of the search feature.

welcome to Mac Forums
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro,2.4 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo. 4 GB 667 MHz DD2 SDRAM, HD: Half Terabyte
you do realize that question is 2.5 years old...right ;D but nice use of the search feature.

welcome to Mac Forums
Clay

Oh My! I didn't even see that I guess he/she got it by now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5, Dual2.7 GHz, 8gb Ram
Seeing as this thread has been revived from the dead, in case anyone's interested in creating multiple clipboards for copying and pasting, check out Clip Doubler. It's freeware from Northern Softworks.
Whenever you copy, Clip Doubler creates a new clipboard. This way you can refer back to previous clipboards without having to resort to opening multiple documents. Cheers!

Welcome to Northern Softworks

Reaction score
I'm just getting to know my MacBook and I'm all tangled up in a remotedesktop-session on a windows-computer (yes, I know: it's a bit much all at once ;-))

So; I've tried to save a printscreen to the clipboard (made in the RD-session). Thnx to your advices, I can see in Finder that I really did! Yeeeeeh!!!! :)

Next: I want to paste my image into a Word-doc in the RD-session. And usually I can use CTRL-V or CMND-V, but now neither is working... :-(

Hope you guys can help me out. Any magic combination I can use to make this happen?

Greetings from a helpless MacNewbie

Reaction score
<snip>
I've tried to save a printscreen to the clipboard (made in the RD-session). Thnx to your advices, I can see in Finder that I really did! Yeeeeeh!!!! :)

Next: I want to paste my image into a Word-doc in the RD-session. And usually I can use CTRL-V or CMND-V, but now neither is working... :-(

Hope you guys can help me out. Any magic combination I can use to make this happen?
</snip>
Hi there,
Try importing the screen shot as a graphics file in Word - IIRC you should be able to do this via File > Import and navigate to the file.
You could also look in the other menus and see if the insert from file option is hidden there, if it's not in the file menu.

Hope this helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I want to paste my image into a Word-doc in the RD-session. And usually I can use CTRL-V or CMND-V...

No, you can't. CTRL-V is not the key combo for paste, unless you modified your keyboard shortcuts, I guess. CMD-V is what you want. But, if that's not working, try the Edit > Paste route from the menu. Does that work?

Sometimes with Word and (mostly)Excel, I find that my keyboard goes dead. I then do a Save and the keyboard revives. This might happen several times in a row, or not for many keystrokes. It's just random.

Reaction score
accessing clipboard

Don't know if this will solve your problem but it did for me in WindowClipMBI.
go to univerdal access in preferences, tap seeing, click enable access for assistive devices and the image will be seen like any open file (given name of project 1, etc) and you can then save it.

C

chas_m

On the Mac it's never control-v, it's always command-v to paste.

But the problem FL0W3R seems to be having is that the clipboard is local. What you copy on the Mac doesn't magically transfer to the Windows machine's clipboard. And vice-versa of course.

Reaction score
How utilize clipboard?

Thanks to this forum, I've just learned how to capture a screenshot on a Mac (OS X Lion).

However, I cannot utilize the PNG screenshot which is now visible on my clipboard. There's no "save file", and I cannot paste the screenshot to iPhoto and not to iMovie either.

What I'm trying to do is to have a screenshot of a certain PDF file to be included in my iMovie project. So, now I've taken the screenshot but I cannot make any use of it since I cannot paste it, nor I can save it. What next?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.