Website Banner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
So I've created this stellar page with Google Pages, and wanted to put a banner for it in my signature.

I whipped these up in CS2 so far and I'm still working on more. My website is in my signature if you'd like to view it (very simple, work in progress). I'd just like comments, suggestions, and oppions. Thanks!

ejbanner2zz1.png

ejbanner1kc8.png

ejbanner3wo9.png

ejbanner4ar3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
the first is the nicest. I'd try it without the outer glow though. Some of the best typography you'll ever see in designs is carefully placed and carefully spaced type. Effects just try to frill it up, and it's easy to go overboard.

The reason I believe the first version is the best is because it's the cleanest. The coloured arrows have some slight problems with the edge pixels - they could be crisper. Aside from that, it's a solid design. The others become a little too hard to read, or too busy.

I think the 2nd version would work much better without the outer glow - as the glow becomes muddy over the black, and it's a little hard to read. Nice, crisp text would look much nicer ;)

One final thought. Are the hexagonal shapes just a graphic, or an actual logo? If they form a logo, I'd shrink it down a little so that both it and the text work together. Overall, pretty nice work. Nice colours, good shapes and creative ideas.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you plan to use it as a signature here. You will need to keep within size of 480x80 and a file size of 15k.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
the first is the nicest. I'd try it without the outer glow though. Some of the best typography you'll ever see in designs is carefully placed and carefully spaced type. Effects just try to frill it up, and it's easy to go overboard.

The reason I believe the first version is the best is because it's the cleanest. The coloured arrows have some slight problems with the edge pixels - they could be crisper. Aside from that, it's a solid design. The others become a little too hard to read, or too busy.

I think the 2nd version would work much better without the outer glow - as the glow becomes muddy over the black, and it's a little hard to read. Nice, crisp text would look much nicer ;)

One final thought. Are the hexagonal shapes just a graphic, or an actual logo? If they form a logo, I'd shrink it down a little so that both it and the text work together. Overall, pretty nice work. Nice colours, good shapes and creative ideas.

Hey thanks for the input! The hexagonal shapes are actually a logo, they're not just shapes that were made in Photoshop. I'm still in the "experimenting" stages of using CS2 as I'm relatively new to it, and everything you see is from scratch, and self-taught.

Since the Google Page Create is very limited, I figured I'd make my own banner to place at the top with a different font (courtesy of www.1001freefonts.com)

I'll try shrinking the logo and removing the glow and post the new versions. I'll be sure to resize it to fit the forums as well. Thanks for the input!

Check out my portfolio page to see the new versions of the banner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.