Monolingual & reinstalling OSX

Reaction score
When running t his program i only unchecked the languages i didnt want to delete but completely ignored the architectures menu not even realizing that it would remove those files that were checked by just using the default remove settings.

ANyway im wicked ****** off now at my own stupidity ... i just got this macbook and cant believe that i am going to have to go through the trouble of reinstalling the OS just to save less than a GB of space.

Anyway can someone please walk me through wha ti have to do.

IM slow at this stuff and i dont want to do any more damage.

Basically i just want to backup my harddrive and then reinstall so i can have those architectures back so i can rosetta programs. (though i checked and my word and powerpoint are working :confused:

please help me!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
put in the install disk and shut down your comp. When you turn it on hold down c so it will boot to cd. When it ask where to install make sure you do an archive and install that way all your programs will still be there and you wont have to re activate all of them. they will be in the home folder under previous system. Did the same thing when i first got my macbook too.

OP
E
Reaction score
oh thanks so much. Whn you say hold down c... you mean the letter c on the keyboard?

And how do you do an archive? Will it be self explanatory when i get to that step?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
yes c on the keyboard. When you see where you want to install there should be yellow exclamation point saying there is os x allready there. there should be an options button or when you select the drive it will make you pick what you want to do. do an archive and install. it will keep all your programs and passwords. once its done you can drag all your stuff back to where is should be.

OP
E
Reaction score
I tried that rman and it wouldnt let me install it after downloading. Said my HD did not hav ethe neccessary componants or something.

Ugh im really quite upset about that monolingual. I wish i didnt get impulsive and download it. I dont understand why they would put all those defaul selections in a totally different tab!

Reaction score
I did the same thing last night. Blah. Is there a way to restore system architectures without having to do a reinstall?

If I do an archive and install, will my files still be there? I know the apps and pw will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.