Question about istatpro widget's temp and fan speed.

Reaction score
Hi I've got a new macbook and cannot get the istatpro widget to give me data on temp and fan speed. The display tab on the back of the widget tells me that there are no temp sensors and no fans found. However, I recently had a similar widget (ministat2) which was able to display this data.

Any ideas why istatpro is not able to give me the data?

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I just tried manually installing that extension but with no luck. Bummer.

M

MacHeadCase

Well on that page Support page I linked you to, it says you can email the developer if you have any probems...

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
Well, I may do that. However, from reading their site, it seems that they are working on this.

Intel fan and temp updates were included in the release of the 1.8 version of their istat nano widget released today, and they work. Similar updates are coming to the istat pro widget in the next 7-10 days (Source).

So I'll probably just wait for the update and see if it works.

Thank you, MacHeadCase, for your help. I'll post in about a week to let the forum know if the update worked or not.

M

MacHeadCase

Just as an aside... If you are new to the world of Mac, one thing that I get most excited about is the relationship we have with most of the shareware/freeware developers. They are, for the most part, ecstatic when you send in feedback about their products. Most will see this as a way to improve their offering and it's very cool to get their responses.

I'm just saying that in case that, in the future, if ever you need to contact a shareware/freeware developer, go right ahead! It's one of the most fun things about using a Mac.

Now I did say shareware and I'm not talking about Adobe or Quark or Microsoft, you know... ;^)

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
Just to let you all know . . . iSlayer has now updated istatpro so that the fan and temp sensors work for intel macs. You can get it here.

Reaction score
Just as a note, the iSlayer site is currently down. After doing a bit of google searching, I came across one at MacUpdate. http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/20364

It's version 3.3, which does, indeed, include the required software for the temps and such. Thanks for letting me/us know we needed to update!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.