Window background colors out of control

Reaction score
Tried doing a search and found no answer ...

I have a folder on my desktop; I went to View Options and changed the background color to light blue ("sky") and made sure "This window only" was checked. The window background color changes correctly.

If I close the folder window and re-open it, the color has changed to light purple ("lavender"). I change it back to light blue, the folder background changes, but as soon as the window is closed and opened again it's light purple again.

Funniest of all, if I instead change the color to DARK blue, when I close and re-open the folder the background is now DARK purple.

That was using the Crayola box for colors.

So next I tried using the eyedropper. I eye-dropped the window while it was open and set to the color I wanted. Closed the window, opened it again ... and now it's GREEN!

Went back to Crayola box ... if I pick "salmon" (pink) the window re-opens as "flora" (green)!

For some very bizarre reason, lemon yellow stays lemon yellow.

Setting it to white instead of colored works; setting it to an image instead of a color works. Setting it to a color (except, apparently, lemon yellow) means a random switch to another color.

***?

Reaction score
Well I'll be *******! Just tried it and my red changed to green ...and my purple changed to black!

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
My God ... I've discovered ... The First OS X Virus!ColorKiller!

M

MacHeadCase

My God ... I've discovered ... The First OS X Virus!ColorKiller!

ROTFL
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Ooops , why isn't it all over the media by now... maybe they're paying more attention to the brawl between Bill Gates, HRH Steveness and that sweaty Balmer dude...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I really hate to dig up this *ancient* thread, but I'm bustin' with curiosity. Did you ever figure out/fix this color thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
haha wow that is silly.

Reaction score
I really hate to dig up this *ancient* thread, but I'm bustin' with curiosity. Did you ever figure out/fix this color thing?

yea, did anyone ever figure this out?...its been bothering me for a while...i have all my windows changed to a single color and they are all sorted by kind, but i have one folder that i would like to keep the same color and sort by name. Evertime I set it to "this window only", it sorts by name, but the color changes to green....now i have an ugly green folder....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Are you laughing at my revival of the thread, ambivalent, or at the color problem described? :black:
Since I'm considering purchasing a MBP, and there was no conclusion posted here, I'd like to know more! Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.