mighty mouse wont scroll down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
^^^ it scrolls up and side to side perfect but it wont scrool down unless i apply pressure to the little ball.

any help appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Something probably got inside and is caught up. It's the classic problem associated with old mice that used a ball in the bottom before optical mice, but with this you can't clean it out!!

I've been having problems myself where it will randomly scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and have a sort of scroll-ball seizure.

Wish I had known about this before I bought it, but looking at the construction, I should have known better. I just wish someone else made a BT mouse so low-profile that it doesn't bulge out in bags.

Reaction score
What I've been doing is:

1. Go into Sys Prefs>Mouse&Keyboard and play around with the tracking and scrolling, just moving the slider back and forth but leaving it set as it was.

2. When I have scrolling probs in say Safari, I just hold Control and roll the ball to zoom in and out of the page. Usually the ball scrolls perfectly so I activate Safari window when I'm scrolled out and try to scroll up and down and so far to date this has been the most successsful method.

3. Then there's the official apple page on this quite often experienced problem:

Cleaning your Mighty Mouse

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
thanks for the help guy. i'll try some tis stuff next time my mighty mouse stops working again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.