Adobe Golive Crisis ! text boxes are expanding?

Reaction score
Well I'm really loosing it becasue I think I wasted 4 hours on a webpage that I'm going to have to do all over.

The problem: I spread out a grid, then filled it with text boxes. Well it looks great until I upload it to the Internet, because all of a sudden I have huge gaps which spread it out, creating huge breaks within the document. I'm not sure what to do from here:

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.wellnessandpreventionoffice.org/WPO_body/

Here's what it is suppose to look like (note, this is a capture in layout mode):

http://www.wellnessandpreventionoffice.org/WPO_body/sample.jpg

Notice the big spaces that are coming in after the bottom bullet in each list. eventually every line will be a link similar to the word "Elementary" under Physical Education.

I'm open to any suggestions. :eek:neye:
THANK YOU!

Reaction score
I would say it's an CSS issue.

It might make things easier if you made a css file and put all the css in there as classes and linked it back to the page you are working on.

Here is an example of a css file: http://sitesbye.com/global.css. Then you highlight the text you want and add the ".resume" class to it. That's how you do it in Dreamweaver anyways.

What version of Golive are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
I sort of see what you're saying, I'm personally not an expert w/ css.
But my main issue is the extra space that is being added in.

I'm using golive 6.0

Reaction score
It could be a browser issue too, not showing the web site right.

I previewed it in IE 6 and it looked pretty much like the sample.jpg on my computer.

Make sure there is no Cell Padding or Cell Space in your table that could be part of the problem.

With spacing issues like you are having you just have to try things one by one and see what the problem is.

Is 6.0---CS or CS2?

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's cs or not, I had it awhile. Let me ask you this then, regarding bullets:

When combining lists w/ bullets, Is there a way (in the source code perhaps) to eliminate the the bullet from the first item being bulleted?

why you might ask? because I want my bulleted list to be directly under the first item, by default, my software creates a big space between the last item and the bulleted list. Hope this makes sense. thanks for the help, I'm under too much pressure here, can you tell?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's cs or not, I had it awhile. Let me ask you this then, regarding bullets:

When combining lists w/ bullets, Is there a way (in the source code perhaps) to eliminate the the bullet from the first item being bulleted?

why you might ask? because I want my bulleted list to be directly under the first item, by default, my software creates a big space between the last item and the bulleted list. Hope this makes sense. thanks for the help, I'm under too much pressure here, can you tell?

To debullet the 1st item you want to hit the enter button after it then do the rest of your bullets. Then highlight the 1st item and unclick the button button and that should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.