web count ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hey there,

when i used my website and iphoto to post pictures i could get a option to add a counter and the bottom of the page so i knew how many hits i was getting(this was using ilife 05) Also it was in the .mac account page.

but

I would like to know if i can add a counter or know how many hits i am getting when i publish to my site, blog etc.. when using iweb.

hope someone can help
thanks chris :bone:

M

MacHeadCase

Wouldn't a web counter be independent from the software that created the page? I really haven't tried Pages yet, so it would be just a question of adding the code somewhere if you can.

For my blog I use a freebie account at StatCounter and they do have a user forum if ever you run into problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
iWeb has a counter button, all you have todo is select Insert>Button>Hit Counter (see image attached). You have to add this to every page you want, however this counter won't give you specific statistics, will always show 00 when working in iWeb and won't be selective to avoid your own visits to the site. To check the number of visits, it will appear in your .Mac home page and of course when you visit your site.
As MacHeadCase said, there are better options like StatCounter, i use(d) it too. All you have to do is add the requiered code after the page is created. This however, have some problems, it can create conflicts with the "Add a comment" function in the Blog page and you will have to add the code again everytime a page is updated. You can make a small script/Automator that can do that automatically, also you can try iComment, it used to be free but now it costs $10, Google may be able to show you a few free options.

Picture 1.png

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for the heads up, mraya!
icon14.gif

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the reply guys. i will try the iweb counter and see how it goes.

cheers :D

Reaction score
The counter in iWeb works just fine, however, it only works if you use it on a .mac account. It doesn't work on another server.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ya i have a .mac account and my pages have appeared in my .mac account page as well.

thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.