XP Mac users?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
Just wondering if there are any other users here running XP without bootcamp on their mac's?

I did for a while when I got my mac first simply as an experiement but then changed back to os x. Now I'm thinking of going back to XP (format the drive eg. no bootcamp) as I dont see any huge benefit of os x over xp. (both have pro's and cons but os x lacks some major stuff that I cant get for os x)

Just wondering if there are any other xp/mac users here that run that config in a permanent setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
that even possible? didnt think it was cause XP looks for the good old cmos based bios sysem not the new EMI one or what ever it is..... ?

OP
BrianjG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
yes it works alright. pop in your xp disc, boot from it and away you go. Format the drive as ntfs and you can install xp without bootcamp, its destructive of course (ie you lose any data and the ability to boot to os x).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i would just use bootcamp. safer and there's support for it on apples site. Keep OS X on there because you never know when you may want to use it even if you prefer xp .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Also, if and when you call Apple for support, they're going to expect OS X on the machine since BootCamp is still technically unsupported Beta software.

You may find yourself unable to get support if you're not running OSX at all: they could point to XP as the source of any problem you may have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
good to know, will remeber that if i ever go back to XP only :) (have it in parallels right now so far so good, but 2G'f of ram over 1g i think would help me out)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.