Red Lines in Display??

Reaction score
I bought my wife an HP LP2465 24" monitor for Christmas. I finally hooked it up with the DVI cable that it came with and there are red horizontal lines running through the display. I checked it out on my PC laptop and it works fine.:eek:neye: Is it the cable or something else?? I tried calling HP and could not get anyone that recognized the problem...

Thanx in advance,

senorgorilla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It could be a graphics card problem.. I would call apple about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Another possibility is that your Mac is overdriving it or underdriving it. What is the native resolution of the monitor? Is that the resolution that your Mac is set for? Is the Mac perhaps using more than 60 Hz to drive it with?

Do you have any other monitors that DO work with the same Mac? If that is the case, it TENDS to suggest that the Mac is OK...

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanx for your help.
I called Apple and they passed me off to HP. HP says it should be compatible but there is not a driver available for any Mac product.
The G5 was previously hooked up to a Gatewat 20" monitor and had no issues. Also I hooked up the HP monitor to my PC laptop and it was fine at high res. Interestingly enough if I turn the res down to 1360 x 768 the red line and interference stops?! I'm at a loss and asking for advice.

SenorGorilla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
This happens if you plug into both 1 and 2 DVI ports on the back?

OP
S
Reaction score
I found out that the video card only has 64 Mb of ram. I think that might be the problem. I ordered a ATI 9600 that should fix that!?

Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow, I didn't know that they made such small video cards anymore. I am not sure that the added memory will solve your problem, but I bet the fact that this new memory is on a new video card will! Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.