Fan Noise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP 2.0Ghz 1GB RAM & 30GB IPOD Video
My macbook that ive had for nearly 6 months has started to make a noise coming out of the right side of the computer I was releaved to find out that it is not the Hard drive but the fan it making a clicking sound basically every revolution i was wondering is this worth of taking it in or is there a way to clean it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
I had the same thing happen to my g4 powerbook, you have to take it in. It will be covered under apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
My macbook that ive had for nearly 6 months has started to make a noise coming out of the right side of the computer I was releaved to find out that it is not the Hard drive but the fan it making a clicking sound basically every revolution i was wondering is this worth of taking it in or is there a way to clean it.

It sounds like your fan went dead.. apple will cover that under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I had the same problem. I couldn't bear to be without my MBP, so I just leave it and play music all the time to cover the sound.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.