Wireless Over Distance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 27" Imac running 10.9
I have two buildings on my property, about 100 feet apart. One houses my office which has an intel mac on dsl through a modem, airport then an ethernet switch. In the other building I have a G4 I'd like to connect to the wireless network but the distance seems to great. It recognises the airport network, can connect but loading a web page takes an age.

Would upgrading the airport to airport extreme help? Would this need an airport extreme card for the G4 or would the existing airport card work?

Lastly, is there an amplifier for the airport signal that would allow a better signal and is there any health issue with these similar to that for mobile phone signals?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
You are going to need an antenna.
http://www.quickertek.com/PNP.php

I do not there there is any more of a health issue then using the airport with out an antenna as its the same frequency. If there was a health issue, you would have to be exposed to the signal for a very long time, at very close range.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.