• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Product Rectangle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
When Apple released the iBook they completed the Product square. Right now there is more than a square, becuase of hte Mac mini. am i crazy? or could there be a whole new product comming at MWSF '07. the MacBook mini? similar to the 12" PowerBook. i think it would do great and would complete the product line.

Mac Pro = MacBook Pro
iMac = MacBook
Mac mini = MacBook mini

Just a thought :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It is unlikely that they will come out with anything smaller then the macbook, the macbook is a very small computer and it would be hard to be productive with anything smaller and you would not gain much portability from it.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
It is unlikely that they will come out with anything smaller then the macbook, the macbook is a very small computer and it would be hard to be productive with anything smaller and you would not gain much portability from it.

i didnt say it had to be thinner. it could have like a 10-12 inch screen. maybe even a tablet. that would be ground breaking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would like a tablet.. nobody knows whats going to happen. However unlikely it may be, I will be hoping ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I wish they'd come out with a 13inch MBP

Oz3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD
Yeah, a 12" or 13" MBP would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i think they will release a 12 or 13" mbp but they will leave the mac book as it is (size wise) maybe not inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
A 13" MBP would be awesome. I'm in the market right now for a MacBook of some variety, and right now I'm looking hard at the 15" MBP, only because I want an MBP, not because I want a 15" screen. I'm looking for ultra-portable, mainly to go on the ship with me. At home I can plug it into a bigger screen, so that's no big deal...

One more smaller MBP hopeful... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
bmwrob..if it does come out, I HOPE it does..because if so..that pup is coming home with me.....

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't need a 13" MBP, but the option of a dedicated video card in the normal macbook would be awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
i don't need a 13" MBP, but the option of a dedicated video card in the normal macbook would be awesome.

Absolutely! I still dont understand why they didnt put them in there. Was it a heat issue or a cost issue?
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
But what about when Apple lauched the G4 Cube? It was techincally the Mini's predecessor, and I don't believe they had a portable version of it?

PowerMac G4 = PowerBook G4
iMac G4 = iBook G4
G4 Cube = ?

And where did the eMac fit?

Anyway, I would be interested in a 14" MacBook Pro, because I will be buying a new Mac laptop for Uni this September, and I would like something with dedicated graphics, but something in between the MacBook and MBP. At the moment, it looks like I'd go for the higher spec 15" MBP with a 160GB HDD. But, there's still 9 months until I am ready to purchase, so who knows!

Reaction score
Wicker_man: exactly because of those inconsistencies did Apple abolish thos products, one by one, to introduce new stuff. I'm very much hoping for a portable pendant for the Mac Mini, something that looks like an iPod Nano... ooohohohoh...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
It just hit me, what about Leopard? I'm just as excited about that as I would be a smaller MBP or dedicated graphics MacBooks.

It doesn't complete the product rectangle but its still pretty promising!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.